Tuesday 22 July 2014

Organisation and Collection of Research

Once I had decided on botany as a subject matter I needed to focus down on a small area within Botany to be my subject. I produced the flowing mind map you can see below. I started by looking at what exactly I anted to learn, which was about what makes plants different and the many methods of identification. I looked at first all the different aspects of plant I could look into in the first mind map and how this could limit my research in the second.
Because the idea of location seemed a productive area brought up by the first mind map, I started a second mind map to come up with a way that I could limit my research through location. By looking at what changes in location mean for plant and which tend to flourish in certain areas, I came up with the idea of looking at coastal plants specifically. I think that in norfolk particularly the varied geological and weather conditions mean that I have an amazing cross section of this kind of botany very near by.


No comments:

Post a Comment