Tuesday 22 July 2014

Methods of Collection

Once I had decided on coastal plants I got out a number of maps of the Norfolk coast and decided on limiting my sample area to a length of beach starting at Hunstanton that could be split in to a number of six mile walks.

It also occurred to me that the maps themselves are beautiful designs and could be used in my final presentation of my research as well as my collection.


For the first stretch we would be walking from Hunstanton and Thornham. Because it would be odd to just collect samples and images at random I decided to mark each mile in the route and stop at each to take photos of the locations and the dominant flora of the area. 




I ensured that the walk mostly made use of the coast path as an outline but also tried to hit both the beach and the cliff tops to get the variety of the plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment